Friday 15 May 2020

Midnight to Six Man

Another Seven Days passes and we lose another hero - so here's  my tribute to Phil May and The Pretty Things( And Electric Bananna too)
Exciting  time in my life when I discovered the Things I guess about 1990 the year my Dad died unexpectedly  but remember watching this with him  just prior to those events - Sounds of the Sixties  - I guess  I discovered much  watching that show - became  a bit of a pilgrimage to find out more about 60's a lost decade to me been born in 72 - sure tonnes of good stuff going on  back in 90 but you gotta learn about the source- This originally was on Late Night Lineup it changed my life forever
even though I first saw it 24 years after the event- after seeing this went to Bottoms and saw The Mystreated  who were well up on this Sixties thing than me - such a cool evening

You're either bought up on The Stones or The Beatles if you have a good modern family - I dunno bought up on Acker Bilk and Jim Reeves me lol so it's nice to discover kids from back in time who you wanna sound like and look like- grew my hair like Phil for a while in my early twenties twice  but it was disappearing by the time  I hit 24 so couldn't keep it up  - but still he invented that look  him and Rudy from  ? and the Mysterions   but looks aint nowt - gets you noticed for sure but it's the cool sound  that lasts forever really
The Things emanted from the Stones here's Dick Taylor Pretty Things guitarist Phils very different dunno if I want to live in a alternate universe where The Things were The Stones and had all the Success but I'd probably over scrutinizing - love both but Pretty Things are always more special in my heart coz they didn't make as much as dosh and didn't compromise- besides I couldn't imagine The Pretty Things on Stella Steet lol


Bit of an Anthem  as is this

may as well bung'in  this  here- before I go to sleep

SF Sorrow - without doubt a Masterpiece - may update this later) Another crappy day -let the cool live ffs

No comments: