Monday 2 November 2020

Sock it to Me SC !

A Post dedicated to Sean Connery I guess the first actor along with John Wayne that I idolised as wee kid -always excited when there was a Bond film on pre school so I was well aware of JB from mid 70's onwards -I think I wanted to be a Ninja after seeing "You Only Live Twice" I'd recreate the battle inside the hollowed out Volcano with clothes pegs (one side Red the other Yellow -who needs action figures ) also had the Corgi Aston Martin with ejector seat -ahh the days just before Star Wars and Superman -may seem distant but it all came back to me watching all these tributes to Sean - funny how I was only listening to this and watching the golf scene from Goldfinger the other day Here's a few scenes   from the Longest Day which I loved (where he's playing a Irish Man for some reason Private Flanagan- mind you his roots lay in County Wexford (same as me Mum) From what I've read Sean was a boy sailor just after  the war from the age of 16-19 he had a very eventful life before he hit the big time and came from humble beginnings living in a one room house with his Mum and Dad

"Red Wine with Fish?"


Connery revisted "From Russia with Love " although Red Grant didn't go down so easilly in that game If this is on PC or PS4 I'd love to revisit this world and take out baddies in that Aston Martin. 

 

Big fan of Little Nellie too The other JB John Barry 

Remember seeing this back when Ch4 would put a movie on in the afternoon -used to think Stanley Baker was Connery -first time I saw Guns of the Navaronne thought Stan was Sean

 

everybodies in this.. even Sid James. A few of Seans Later Roles now Starting with Brian DePalma's The Untouchables hey that's Toad from American Graffiti- Henry Jones Sr Funny thing is theres only twelve years age diffence between Harrison & Sean.

Mr Kipling Makes exceedly good cakes

 

 

The Greatest Bond for sure but I love Roger and Daniel too glad he likes "Geordies" version of Bond- hope we get to see the next installment soon Been a bad year for Fictional Superspies (Emma, Cathy and now James ) Hopefully tommorow the diabolical criminal disastermind will be ousted but after last time I'm not reserving much hope -just pray North Americans will surprise me.

No comments: