Wednesday 25 August 2021

Colouring Project The Eagle Strikes Back -Part 2


 

That's the work I did over the weekend originally published in 1980 -in Battle Picture Weekly  Story Kelvin Gosnell Art Patrick Wright -with these colouring projects wanted to colour as many different styles-feel alot of Arthur Ransom in Pats art both working around then   -so colours a little Button Man influenced on this story.

I guess Mike may of been created to rival Codename Warlord who was an aristocratic Secret Agent who everbody  believed was a coward as he wouldn''t join up except  Kingpin who's like Flints  M  who would send him off on missions -the thing about Sir Peter Flint had an unbelievable war travelling to all corners of the globe -it just didn't cut it with me Mike was more of a believanle SOE agent -kind like the men who inspired Fleming to write James Bond .But Warlord got the whole 70's War Comic thing going and like Battle had it's own classic characters heres a few of my own copies..



The Magic of Ian Kennedy


Always wondered about those Secret Agent Picture Libaries that were all the rage in 60's /70's I'd of done an Avengers one if I could hop back in time and influence publishers lol- Two of the greats First Up Ian followed by Mike Dorey More work on Charleys War today went back a did a second version of the third page as I didn't have a proper scan when I coloured it the first time around
Also coloured Slaine pic a classic by Glenn Fabry -my first Slaine coloured  the piece is originally titled "He did'nt think it too many" something Ineed to remind myself at the bar

 Those Blue stiffs I  think I first heard about them on Wogan when David Icke went a bit random - but they're really Tories .

I hope Glenn see's this he's not well right now wanted to cheer him up a bit maybe my bad use of colour might provide a laugh  


,

All is that Land of the Young stuff reminds me of this

No comments: