Wednesday 31 October 2018

Red Dead Resurrection

Happy Zenta! (kind of special this year as it's 50 years to this day  since The Jams were Kicked! -but I digress ) Just completed story mode of Red Dead Redemption 2- 8 years in the making possibly the best game Rockstar have have made and this will be tough one to top -each chapter raises the bar and like the first Red Dead Redemption it is filled with memorable moments characters and stories -I think I've only scratched the surface racing through the game Arthur's great his story really is about Redemption (all the best geezers are called Arthur-Rimbaud -Lee-Lowe for example ) My Arthur is very Clint in style be it "Blondie" or William Munny - A tough bastard -also reminded me of Tommy Lee Jones  I like him just as much as Johnny M -I probably have more in common with Arthur than Marston- first clip from my play through -Arthur goes for a drink in Valentine  with his mates but things go a bit haywire as expected ..."Never mind that shit ...here comes Mongo!"Hats are very important one prob I did have though is if I nicked a hat like the Sheriff for example and I got killed it would not come back after -not sure its possible to save hats from npcs -it might be if I get back to camp an create a outfit -just have to survive -next play-through I'll do that- reminded me of a level on Red Dead Revolver this scene -but a lot more realistic (I was reared on cinematic bar fights Donovans Reef, Junior Bonner , Long Riders..all that jazz) hope to have plenty more (well at least in game)These Circus guys also reminded me of Revolver -I need to get down to the theatre  when I can

Magnifico even sounds a bit like Dick Dastardly -still got the comedy moments that make Rockstar shine as does the pathos -Arthur in nasty mode here although tune changes as story progresses "Cowboys are Square Indians are Better !" Great music throughout even some Willy Nelson -specially liked this riding music -tried to ride in cinematic mode for a change I did a few times but either ran into a tree or got jumped by bandits- actually succeeded this time around
Sadie my kinda Gal Rootin'Tootin & a Shootin'! also great to see John back in bounty hunting mode -really hope Mexico's next on the cards -would like more story-perhaps a prologue that would be cool -just hope it won't be just multiplayer like GTA V the story is the thing that usually grabs me with these games rather than competition  Still need to get used to the shooting and that weapon wheel but all the good reviews are totally justified - a experience worth repeating and a joy to play... also  best credits scene ever so would be a idea not to skip that.

No comments: