Saturday 4 July 2020

Happy Birthday Nem!

 Credo!
King of the Goffs!(Spiggy ripped this look off 3 years later)  Nemesis the Warlock turns 40 - so I was 8 when this wee Devil was born ... The Arch Deviant -like a dark mirror showing human kind there sins - a brillant character and concept - all written by same dude who wrote Charleys War - couldn't understand how something so far out  could come from the same mind - soon warmed to old Nem though via A.B.C Warriors  and then going through back issues - crucial character to have around in the 80's

Kevin's my fave artist on the strip seeing as he's the co creator although Bryan Talbot, David Roach and John Hicklenton were also faves - Bisley did a cover I would of liked to have seen more  -
Just such a cool alien totally surreal for its time -flipped how you see things (very much from catholic schoolboy world -thankfully didn't have to go through awful  experiences that inspired these stories)Bit of Bry -I met him about 13 or 14 years ago top bloke-mentions Luther here so a vid about him after...
Ol Luthers the birth of Steampunk!
the late great Tony Luke -
Nemesis was also a game back in the day (never had a computer till about 2000 but had a mate who had this - in fact I used to call him Nemesis -I wonder how it's going for him - Itried looking on facebook but has such an average name I can't find him )
A Nemesis game now would be amazing I imagine..cmon Rebellion do your thang! Interview with Nem's Dad Pat Mills Here's Johnny -dug his really warped take on Nemesis

John Hicklenton Judge Dredd artwork on the BBC Antiques Roadshow - Video Clip - 3 min from r/JudgeDredd_2000AD
Hope link works worth seeing just for John's art.

I finnish with a image from David Roach as I liked Puritys Story really classical take on Nemesis in comparrison to John's insane version.. A good character can be drawn multiple ways -Looking good for 40 

No comments: