Wednesday 12 August 2020

Anderson Psi Division & The Sarge colouring project WIP

These are no way the finished pieces-just that I don't trust my machine at the moment it may be on last legs keeps conking out and it has about four fans - it's like if I do anything cool in a game or colour page really well it blows it's little brain cells  out before I can save it- I think it's only best I post these and tweak them later -also included is my recent colouring of a story I first saw in 1977 The Sarge -but more about that later...

Omar used to rock a turban -I wonder what happened there. .. great Judge Death site..http://judgedeath.co.uk/
Have to finish colouring this story one day feel obliged to colour it's conclussion Just to see Death get his just dues  , but that won't be for a while I guess.

Some classic Mike Western & Gerry Day-now in colour.


Humphrey Bogart the Blackshirt....
Hopefully all the Mike and Jim Watson Sarge's will be collected into a book sometime - although I'd do new lettering as it takes away from art sometimes the machine text-Footsloggers won World War 2 not polictical leaders  that's why I liked the Sarge a bit like Tony Benn with a Lee Enfield but I imagine Jims based on Mike  as he liked his pipe -found this wonderful pdf the other week - which gives the lowdown on Battle Picture Weekly.
https://efanzines.com/JourneyPlanet/
Like I say not fnnished yet so won't appear on flickr or fb just yet -  but would be nice to have a go at a Johnny Red episode someday -
Me and my sister Zippys bf at Hawkinge Battle of Britain museum  which were fought over my local skies -I never forget what for. Heartbreaking the stories of young un's who took on the Luftwaffen and won but so young these lads ... lifes  been mellow and hectic -No sleep till Heaven .

No comments: