Wednesday 5 January 2022

A Clone Called Fett


 Classic Bob -had this poster back in the day used it for reference for fancy dress costume when I was 11 so just after Return of the Jedi coming out -my cousin helped me ,make costume  and I used a real motorcycle helmet and a boiler suit -jet pack  was made from a coke bottle -my Dad was meant to drive me over to the old labour hall where the party was happening but he got caught up in work so I had to walk there in full costume got some strange looks from passers by  (way b4  cosplay and all that)  not sure host knew who Boba Fett was then lol he sure does now - guess the Sarlaccs tummy acids  faded Bobs flight suit much whiter than the original denim  blue- Jawas have no taste though should of went for his dope trainers -Fett was the reason I  rocked Hi Tec back then guess they were my fave ever trainers -1983 was a different universe .

 Jeremy Bulloch style Icon.


 Not sure about his new boots  they'd suit Fennec more -more like riding boots  perhaps  it's a Tusken thing.

  Another great episode -not sure what  some critics agenda is but maybe they  fail to understand what story is  about really -it's a deconstruction and  reconstruction of Mr Fett  -Sure Episode One of The Mandalorian  is neo perfect but in this story it's a different pace and a different theme -stick with it perhaps you'll eat your words I hope so-  some people think it's clever to be negative - if it  truly sucked I would of said that already as a .long time Boba Fan'


If you haven't seen  "Tribes of Tatooine " yet  I  won't spoil anything  -I get an Irving Kershner vibe  as he directed the sequel to  A Man Called Horse a  movie which deals with similar situation to Boba's  - you knew something had changed when we first get a glimpse of him in season two of Mando -the first two episodes explain why that is .




 


To get into the Boba spirit last night I checked out The Tem Show from about 2005 - be sure to check out the link on the to the other parts on a seperate website but truly great stuff. Could do with more Ming though that's my only gripe no doubt we'll get to see how how Boba saved Ms Shands life perhaps in episode 3 or 4 - good to see Boba's not a bad sort after all I mean most of the Clonetroopers aren't bad lads so it makes sense he'd do that anyhow even before he fell into Sarlacc Pit. Can't wait till next Wednesday

No comments: