Thursday 3 February 2022

"The Book of Fenn Rau"


 Panel from 1977 Roy Thomas ,Howard Chaykin  adaptation of Star Wars  which I wanted to colour I may come back to this if I can figure out how to use clone tool and add  patterns from bubblegum cards- it's how I orginally experienced Star Wars through bubblegum same goes witjh Superman movie -

Not much to report on Boba as he was barely in episode again ... not complaining though I'm viewing the whole show like a space Leonne movie so a sprawling five + hour epic with many players so if Bob's screentime a bit scarce that's staying true to the movies lol .


Looking ahead to season 3 of Mando hopefully Fenn Rau -Mandalorian Protector is one Jetboy  we'll get to see around Christmas 2022


Rau was Fenn Shysa  certainly a Boba head nod to the original and a Celt to boot ,but his surname is a rude word in German(Fenn "Shite "was writer unhappy  at the time?)  -Mandalore is very messed up from events in the last episode of Book Of Boba Fett I'm assuming we'll get to see a live action version of the planet in Season 3

 

Mandalorian Protectors or Journeymen Protectors existed pre Clone Wars it's always been a thing.,,so first statement here is wrong... but nice to see a video about them. Ahh .. it's Karen Traviss(should be a planet named after her) of Republic Commando novels all this is been retconned sorta although Rau fought on the Republics side .. perhaps a group of Mando's do attempt to kidnap Leia -could be the reason for Obi Wan show.

I coloured the flashback double spread of that story a few years back tried to make Leia more Padme coloured as Fenn confused  Leia with her Mum. although not canon anymore  blah blah.

I feel like I can come back to this image one day as I feel like I've improved with colouring over the years -I feel like I can make this more solid these days.(Come to think of it could do a updated version featuring Boba Din and Fenn -might give it a shot when I can)

More Bantha Trax

 

Bit worried about my Homeboy Max -I won't go into spoilers but here's Meg again. I do wish it was singalong with Max -maybe we'll hear his voice someday. One more episode -It's Gotta be like The Wilde Bunch finale but in Star Wars universe.-That is the Way.!


Updated-06/02/22 almost forgot about this  Boba related news - please please please make this game - seems like a good origin story for how Boba retrieved Jango's/Jaster Mereels armour -maybe include other planets too though...

There's a cancelled Maul game   too-that looked great too ,

No comments: