Friday 26 June 2015

Patrick you're Needed.

Very sad day.. thought I'd pay tribute to Patrick  Macnee -with a few videos and illustrations - this above is a try out for a photo comic may or may not do one day (I've written the script -may revise it  as after reading" Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots" -realized there are certain rules in order to write an Avengers story ) but for me John's the perfect fictious hero- an ideal to live up to, but been of working  class origins and hardly a connoisseur of Champagne (the few times I have drank it -didn't do anything for me) but it's not John's class or Eton upbringing I liked it was the fact he was  a perfect  gentleman -something I wish I could learn to be in this day and age  where it's all  horribly crass and vulgar.- he struck me as the genuine artical he  played that role so well - it's a character that will live on forever-I'm not interested in re-makes with other actors -but if there were  computer games or-animated movies they should not deviate from the original show and the comics are been produced now still bare Patrick  Macnee's likeness rather than say Ralph Fiennes -Pat  is Steed no doubt about that)
I'll feature the cover for the first Act of Story  I wrote set in the Cathy Gale era then feature a few vids featuring Pat.

One of Patricks early roles -although he'd be uncredited in many films before this one Including the original Pygmalion and The Live and Death of Colonel Blimp- He's so thin here you'd barely recognise him as "Phillips" Macnee also starred in this Powell and Pressberger classic alongside cousn David Niven Pat saw action on the channel on E Boats- as stated in first video -he's very lucky to of had that spell of bronchitis -The film also featured another recently departed legend Christopher Lee. Pat did a fair bit of work on TV (Mainly in Canada ) before The Avengers - but here is talking about the show on it's 40th Anniversary I do find it disgusting that both ITV (who would not exist without this show) and BBC  didn't even mention Patrick in the news this afternoon -instead they talked about Harry Potter -it's totally shoddy of them. Really does deserve a mention at the very least.
Great little interview  Edited version of This is Your Life from the 80's  can't embed so have to link instead https://youtu.be/PQCYK-of1lk
 Starred in this classic Battlestar two parter-which was perfect TV before Bullseye on Sunday afternoons. I'll round off my tribute to Pat with hs take on Steed... Ahh that's how he got the character:) and a Celt too ... related to Robn Hood from what he claims -I totally believe him. .. R.I.P Patrick -you truly  are a one off.

No comments: