Monday 1 February 2016

El Tel

A few Wogan interviews from 80's -sad to hear he's gone -seems like I'm just blogging about people who you think will be around forever in Terrys case he was on TV nearly every weekday night (I initially I was none too chuffed as I wanted Cartoon Time or Kick Start back-but Cartoon Time wasn't all it seemed ) first up Madness always remember this .. b4 weekly show Terry had show on saturday evenings were they did "Driving in My Car" wish I could find clip of that -but heres another classic -perfect for a Monday morning- I remember towards end of the 80's that The Pixies were to go on Wogan -never happened sadly -should of -maybe it happene in a another dimenson ... El Tel was always good withh the Craic ..trumpin' again Les? another comedy genius.. Rik .strangeto think he's gone too.. Rikk would write these guys letters lol..great find :) A few movie legends,, eight="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3XiuiynnTRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>there's the full interview on youtube -no feckin sound...unless other people have dog hearing ? First time I saw Prims was on Wogan-wonder if Wedding Present did show I'll look in a minute. Course El Tel was one the first R1 DJ's but more of a Peel guy -sister and mum ould listen to his show though -and I always recall the bitching betweeen Tel and Jimmy Young as they'd handover show. Terrys arch nemesis I always looked forward to his appearenceon Blanktey Blank.. Two Bobs worth.. First time I got drunk was watching Roger Rabbit with schoolmates on cider (never touch the stuff now)sadly I've never re-captured that moment since (well that's my excuse lol) Bobby De guess he was playing Max Cady at the time. Charton keeping his vest on Roy Kinnear another great. Stranglers doing Kinks-bit MOR or SAW most the time but you do find the odd gem -I'm sure to find others in the weeks ahead.. Great show to watch when you're Mashed Gonna miss the Blarney.

No comments: