Monday 15 January 2018

Corellian Grafitti



 I'm hoping the wait is over by the time I  complete writing this post - The Solo a Star Wars Story  trailer  will of arrived -So I'll leave that  till the end of post promised to arrive today started writing this post last Monday the waits killing me lol -
It's not the first time somethings been called Solo -remember a show in the eighties called Solo  starring Felicty Kendal  -unfortunately she wasn't a swashbucking star pirate bah !(would of been good though) Got mixed feelings about this one-Harrison got that character nailed-like Bogart got Sam Spade and  Clint got Dirty Harry right -but at the same time always curious about his past -what was his childhood like? what with The Clone Wars going on , he'd be old enough to remember it (he's 29 in a New Hope apparently) was he made an orphan is that how he got the name Solo.. there's EU books that came out in the 90's but I'm kinda old skool even then  sticking to Brian Daly over other writers - once the prequels came out for made Boba Fetts origin story obsolete for example so I would read the odd comic and Shadows of the Empire but over versed on the books that came out between the two trilogies . Whether any of the material from The Corellian trilogy winds up in the movie who knows ... but what's Corellia actually like -First time I saw it onscreen was in The Force Unleashed -very snowy -not what I expected


Now this isn't canon anymore because of Disney takeover but if George gave the nod there's a hint of truth to this. I always expected it to be like New York though or a American City industrial & futuristic, a few Battlefront 2 mods (the original 2005 BF2 that is)that depict Corellia -starting wth my fave - great map I like the advert for Max Rebo
Then there's another excellent map but more rural-this ones bang up to date featuring Galactic Civil War II Mod -
I'm not having much luck with EA's Battlefront -I bought first game recently on PC-as I wanted to try out the cinematic tool & make little movies or at least take snapshots waited forever to install on Origin only to be told it failed to download -tried repairing and tried getting new drivers still it don't work -may have to get a new computer just to play this game -perhaps my laptop just aint the right machine-frustrating!
I don't really care about silly backlash about Last Jedi - thought it was a good film mostly -the ending reminded me of the Wicker Man with the sun going down-and it was very much like what Ben said "Their are alternatives to fighting".. Granted some of the dialogue wasn't very Star Wars (why's Hux so hammy ? second generation Imperials seem a bit cheesy and I'm sure I heard  Finn call DJ "a bastard "-which isn't Star Wars language at all surely there's a more intergalactic insult word for that.I didn't like what happened to Phasma - could of kept her going for third movie (she even has her own comic it's a pity her part was reduced in final cut ) Ackbar too hope there's a escape pod waiting and no screentime -but the next movie can now go anywhere- a real guessing game between now and 2019..film went against my expectations -I've sat through Caravan of Courage but not the whole of holiday special (sounds like that's worth whining about )



But what will Solo's story be like? could the scene above be depicted -Kessel Run seems confirmed - Falcon looks different- before modifications .will  the ship be Han's or Lando's through movies duration?- will we get to see that Sabbac game? " There's going to be a few time jumps  I think it starts when Han is 16 up till he's about 24 - so  5 years before A New Hope  about the same time period Rebels begins Once Upon a Time in a Galaxy Far Far Away Leone style -(maybe we'll get that  in Bounty Hunter movie or TV series ) but here's a few predictions this youngling knows his stuff
Bollux that name always made me laugh as a nipper - would be nice to see some Espo's who were the Rozzers  in space. I'm hoping they'll portray Solo as Howard Marks in space but it seems unlikely  seeing as Disneys at the helm -he's a spice smuggler  so a bit  on the dodgy side of the law -not sure what the effects of spice are whether they're addictive  and dangerous or just like weed or solid  -he'll more than likely be tricked into it and get his rep that way..
We've already seen Kessel in Rebels -not sure I trust Kallus -he's a Rebel now  with great hair lol-but I don't trust no bloke with great hair anyhow -he's a right git here to  the Stormtrooper (more than likely a conscript) so I reckon he'll sell Kanan and his comrades out by the end of Season 4 -a leopard don't change his spots..here he thinks he's a cut above -and all about self preservation -then again I could be wrong  I have been many times before.

Well I waited it's now 2 in the morning-cheers what a bunch of feckin bollocks went out had some beers watched a movie listened to Parliment -nuthin' some of of us give a damn -some of us wanted a Solo movie since 78 but whatever -  may update post but bored as crud waiting  tonight Yankees get first see I guess - not that they deserve to after voting for a Hutt

No comments: