Wednesday 6 June 2018

Fett a Star Wars Story.

Cover of Tales of the Bounty Hunters  by Stephen Youll -which came out mid 90's before Prequels and before Boba's origin was all changed -actually preferred what George did -nice to know there were billions of potential Boba Fetts out in the cosmos during the Clone Wars -& it made sense Boba's old man would be the Clone template -I guess I enjoyed this book though as I attempted to adapt it -but gave up after first two panels - dunno where it went -thought I posted it on Deviant Art years ago but nope - maybe it was Myspace -I guess it's lost forever unless I find the original someday.
I guess Solo may go down as Lucasfilms "Heavens Gate" - it doesn't deserve that - it added to the lore and I  enjoyed it - sure Alden don't look like Harrison but he did do a good job of capturing Hans character and essence .The Ten year period before a New Hope is fertile stomping ground story wise - whether  it will be explored again either in movies or Disneys streaming service one can only hope -just really bad luck -bad timing - and it begs the question should Lord and Miller been left alone to finish the movie in the first place? Ron did an excellent job getting things back on track though - the film worked for me -I hope they ask him back to make another movie , it didn't have the wtf moments Last Jedi had  -that film really divided the fans -but  having been around to see original trilogy when it first came out  I figured well lets see how it plays out in the third act - some dialogue felt a bit off - and Luke been so different  to how he was expected to be has set a cat among pigeons -I can see Ryan's reasons though -Luke has the  weight of the galaxy on his shoulders +  it's been 30 years but would he try to snuff out his nephew? that was a odd one -I think he'd try to help him first- I hope things become clearer by the  end credits of Episode 9 -perhaps Resistance and Live Action TV  show will fill in the gaps .. but back to my homeboy Boba
There are people out there that only want to see Jedi -centric movies god that would be boring - sure I'd like to see Maul again- if this Boba movie does come to fruit why not have either Jabba or Vader hire Bobby to take out old metal legs - would be sweet to see Quira Lando, and Han again -although as supporting characters - talking of supporting characters- got plenty if it's Bounty Hunter movie

I'd certainly like to see a live action Cad Bane and Embo but that's really down to Dave Filoni as they're really his creations -in my mind this didn't happen but maybe it did but later on in the timeline -perhaps it'll wind up in movie or a streaming mini series (I think that's the way to go after Solo ) The choice of directors right though by the sounds of it -I'd go for that intergalactic Spaghetti Western flavor -handle the story like John Wagner did on "Bounty on Barkooda trilogy   and Enemy of the Empire- with lashings of black humor - not for everybody but hey what do they know?

 BTW go and boycott guns,Trump and his cronies  instead of movies they're are real things in this world to get pissed off about -  and whats a SJW anyhow? .I've only heard this term in recent years seems like a rubbish and lazy way of describing a story which might be right on except in many cases the reader isn't right on -in my mind you either have a good story or a crap story that's all- a good writer or creator can get message across without been mega preachy I guess -just seems a odd thing to complain about   but  .this is a  real proper SJW from the 80's lol- Milli Tant  from Viz

No comments: