Monday 14 January 2019

Order! Order!

Great Star Wars cover by Roberto Campus -much better without the  text as it obscured what picture was all about -kinda of Days of Future  past in the Star Wars galaxy ..
I  needed to do a Fallen Order speculation post - it's whats preying on my mind as I try to complete "Death in the City of  Bone" colouring -I need a beer tonight so gonna take a rest from that and post this instead (still two pages away from completion) -Jedi: Fallen Order -I'm hoping is final chance for EA to get it right  with Star Wars license -sure Battlefront 2 had a nice story -could of been longer would be neat to actually use novel as a source for a prequel dlc  but doubt that'll happen   but its good it added a  lot more this time around and I did enjoy the maps -on both games  but I wasn't  fond of the grind or  lootbox micro transactions thing -online I don't want to be stuck forever on same planet either (that's why I love the original pandemic  game as now  it's got mods skins -no limits really that game improves with age I guess-should be the plan with new game but new player made maps don't exist ..yet)
I can't seem to run  the original Dice game on  my computer -it's like the Bionic Nien Nunb -(but I'm just a peasent with a laptop -may get a proper geek machine eventually)

Here's my predictions for new game that'll land in November (lightsabres crossed)
Protagonist is called Cal according to leaked report  the story takes place  5 years following The Clone Wars (I hear alot of griping online that it isn't durring CW's - but I don't mind 5 years prior to Solo is a time period  we haven't seen -maybe we'll get Stormtrooper with Picklehaube inspired helmets -here's hoping -actually it'll be more like a transition period  so Clone/Storm  crossover look I reckon -Could get Proto Tie Fighters/X & Y Wings -the more Ralph Centric in design always a good thang

 I wouldn't want to play a 13 year old for duration of game either -I figure Ashoka's about 12 or 13 in Clone Wars movie  about 16 by Season 7  so if story begins with Padawan around her age during Order 66  a five year time jump seems about right for a character - Order 66 was a bitch - I don't think Clones were evil- they had that nasty chip in there head -they were created for sacrifice on the battleground to further Palpatines ambitions  but I'll talk about Clonetroopers in a sec as I'm very fond of them.

Poor Commander Gree the David Attenborough of Clone Troopers beheaded by Yoda? (was a bit of a expert on galactic natural history )..
It struck me today that   Yoda reaching Dagobah actually didn't make the final cut - but rather it's a deleted scene - could it  be possible he turns up in this game? More work for Frank Oz  would be neat after Grovergate (One of his best performances it's just   they didn't mic him up right- besides it's not in his character to say such  a word like that )Maybe Yoda went around galaxy trying to sort out various messes created by republic before putting himself in exile - perhaps he stuck around on Alderaan or Polis Massa  for a  while Yoda  would have a bit of business to sort out before retirement  this scene may of happened but a good few years after Sith -then again may be in novelisation  he went straight to Dagobah but hey  the books aint the movies....
I know theres meant to be some kind of mentor character called Ceres  whether she's a pirate or a sage of some kind we'll have to wait and see - doesn't seem force connected way I read it - It would make sense if everyones hunting you to lay low -maybe after Order 66 this Cal character is in the klink and nobody can detect him/her perhaps on The Citidal on Lola Sayu - would make a cool setting more volcanic planets apart from Mustafar -I can imagine a jailbreak mission on this planet.. I hope to see a Clone companion in this story -I had this idea of a Cyborg Clonetrooper(Valance Style) who had his inhibitor chip blown from his head in battle - could be Sev from Republic Commando would make a good connection to original computer game - if not could be some other random Clonetrooper but would be a nice gateway to revisit that title as gamers have been waiting for a sequel  a long time and it was a boss game and it  seems  good way to bring it back
and my homeboy Valance - Carmine Infantino  Thee Man!!!..  Carmine sure it's not Al Williamson but still showed another brand new style and its solid and cmon he's up there with Jack- kinda created Terminator in this story dude you weren't there so you are so wrong in this video


anyhow all beer gone coffee awaits no idea whatsoever what this game will be like - but I got some cool ideas - actually good we know jack right now as I like surprises Hope they're good 1's

Updated -it slipped my mind whilst slurping my Guinness and typing the above that it would be cool to see the old droid Huyang  in the new game-voiced by David Tennant -possibly he would eluded the Empire -he's been around even longer than Yoda- would make a good companion to young Cal  -I expect him to have great survial skills -would make sense
The most recent list of 66 surviours I could find on youtube -they didn't actually make it obvious about Jocasta in Vader comic ..but more 7th Sister please -she's a babe 9th Sisters a bit like a Sith Nora Batty Very sad news about open world created by EA Vancouver project Orca like Ragtag would of rocked - Ragtag had a really cool story from the sounds of it involving Alderaan (I do like these codenames Episode 9's codename is Trixey same name as my dog I grew up with lol) -still back to Ragtag I had the idea of the first mission actually been set on Alderaan hunting down crime bosses daughter in the mountains then a speeder chase through the Alderaan streets and escaping just in time as the Death Star turns up -not sure its what they had planned but would of made a neat opening that mirrored The events in a New Hope- but who knows may have a story that sees the light of day like what they had planned with Ragtag and Orca - guess not as soon and not as expansive as it really should of been-gonna Guess we'll have to" be patient  young padawan" -but at my age I should be a Master
Still I have high hopes for Fallen Order but mega gutted for Project Orca  project -it shouldn't really be about hitting deadlines but putting out quality products -thats why people come back to these games rather than go onto the newest thing-thats why games don't seem to be as good as they used to be -with the exception of Red Dead 2 and Spiderman recently -A game about Scoundrals and Bounty Hunters sounds right up my hyperspace lane -if they're smart about this they could create a Jedi series and a Scoundrals series  to follow that maybe that's why it'll be a smaller game (I hope they don't mean literally though like Renegade Squadron or something -it's all about the big screen -then again whatever this smaller game is could tie in with The Mandalorian or Cassian Andor show)

No comments: