Monday 22 June 2020

R.I.P David.

Tribute to my mate David who died last Sunday-he helped me print and letter my comic back in 2006 - Always a namedropper turned me onto The Masked Maurauders- the titles the story of my life loll never heard this version though. Got to feature some DB -got this lp for him one christmas
He told me he saw David Byrne sing Psycho Killer with just a Ghetto Blaster back in the day - he also met Hendrix and Chuck Berry (I saw Chuck but never met him) David was a good mate we'd usually have a piss up on a Friday or Saturday - but that was his problem never knew when to stop - but weekends was Hat Club -debauchary but with hats -bit of a gentlemans club - he took this pic of me in a coffee shop-worthy of my autobiography or if I get around to writing my version of "Wish it Want it Do it."
We went through a period where Family Guy was a must -he was there when we saw the Robin Williams episode then they announced his death -really strange one that. A few logos David worked on for my characters
Hard to take in all this -Mum returned on Sunday currently chatting with a nurse I only found out about David on Saturday although I actually went to the hospital on the Sunday he died and dropped him off a card a packet of wine gums and a copy of Private Eye but couldn't go in as there was covid on the ward I think he got covid but recovered but because of years of drinking and smoking he hit complications - I can't even get hold of his family it's a crying shame! Lent David my copy of The Ass Saw the Angel -loved that so he got into Nick in his mid 60's Watched this vid with my Dad too just before he died -we'd watch this and then Rio by Durran Durran and compare videos lol We'd listen to old Peel shows on tapes he'd record on old night shifts (a few shows from mid 80s -I started listening about 88 so good to hear Microdisney and all that stuff David Loved Planet Clare and Earth Calling Doris and all that stuff - my hearts kinda busted up now - Gotta think of the good times at least We Really liked this one ... Rest Easy Brother.

No comments: