Sunday 15 August 2021

Colouring Project -Charleys War Episode 3 (1979)


 

 Story Pat Mills-Art Joe Colquhoun Lettering John Aldrich and Jim Campbell

First time read this episode I knew this story was quality from start to finish I think I first became aware of Charleys War around the time of The Judgement Trooper episodes so I'm about 6 -I read this episode a few years later after Joe had a heart attack and they reprinted the first episodes until he recovered so that's when I first read this particular episode -really great story telling in just 3 pages and very emotional , 

 I haven't coloured Charley since about 2011 so it's been a good ten years -hopefully my colouring style is a bit more under control -Episode 4 will follow in a couple of weeks as I'll be colouring Judge Dredd The Cursed Earth(I needed to get away from Khaki and Mud and Blood  inbetween days  where I don't feel like     WW1 OR 2 ) so I'll post the odd page here and there on FB as I work on episode 3 of The Sarge in Sicily and The second episode of The Eagle Strikes Back,- so Busy which is  good for me .

Also coloured this Dredd page during The Olympics got it completed just as the closing ceremony was going on but it's connected to Dredds Luna 1 Marshal days It's the wrong uniform here -but I guess people would recognise Brian's Classic Dredd more as it was only issue Two of the Eagle reprints so fair do's ,, sadly this cover bodes true today..


Luna War -Brian Bolland,

I'm very happy with reaction over first two episodes of Charley especially from David Hunt -without who Charley may of never seen print -so this interview is a good way of finding out about editoral world in comics in the 60's all the way to the 90's - fascinating stuff to nerd over .


I'll leave last word to Pat-still knocking it out the celestrial park with Space Warp

No comments: