Thursday 26 October 2017

The Crystal Spirit .


Thinkin' about where it all went wrong - WW1 is the main offender -WW2  again may seem  straight forward to a naive eye but gave birth to other Wars some which never ended - how do you  deal with North Korea  for example  - we're left with so many  disputes which should be resolved ..  subject  of this post is The Spanish Civil War - in my mind the birth of modern thought, be it art ,politics or reason ... Spanish Civil War should of been a signal rather than excuse .. no one says's it better than Orwell..


Doc about Eric Blairs aka Georges time in Spain Hemingway also was present would make a good Top Gear Remember reading "Condors" by Garth and Carlos and been inspired to write The Defiant my alternate World War 2 story - perhaps I'll come back to that - the more you learn about history the more it surprises you - McArthur planned a US Invasion of the UK around the time of The General Strike - what a crazy alternate history that would of made - nevermind Wolfenstein.
 Remember seeing this back in the day  The only  mentions before then of Spanish Civil War in my life before then were mentions in  "When  the Boat Comes In" and "The Waltons " lol this movie made it more real to me as it's a part of history that's been buried by other events - I guess I became curious about it when I was about 8 or 9 there was a coup in Spain the same day that Lady Diana and Prince Charles got engaged - seemed like a more interesting story that got buried by something jingoistic ..guess then and there I figured I  shouldn't trust the media  but Kens always grand ..

2 comments:

Website Design Ranchi said...

I am following your blog regularly and got great information.
Website Design Ranchi

fuzzchile99 said...

Good to hear ._.Nice to know i'm not blogging in a vacuum .